Glue for polythene?

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com writes

Hmmm - plastic film. An Envelope -- hmmm. Model balloonatic?? Hmmm - what about aeromodel aircraft film coverings and the related techniques? Solarfilm is the biggie - used by builders that cover in plastic - introduced in the early 1960's.
http://solarfilm.co.uk /
Some are an absolute bitch to stick and get an appropriate etch primer.
I can't give a direct link from there, seems to be Java driven or whatever. Look at the side tabs - COATINGS and then PRYMOL. The whole site is worth a read for the different aspects of plastic coverings.
Make the whole thing in one of the Solar coverings - then it would be sure to fly ;)
I don't know if you are a denizen of:
http://www.rcgroups.com
Absolutely packed with info on aeromodelling and the solutions to problems, and etc. It's been a couple of years since I was on - too busy.... In particular, look down the page at the section on BLIMPS. Inside I see someone is actually going through the process you are considering. He may be further along :)
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t 1806 http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t 3983
John
--
JC Morrice
snipped-for-privacy@pentode.demon.co.uk
Chris Eilbeck wrote:

Anyone know what is used to stick the tops of cereal packet bags? That obviously works, I don't know what it is, but the two sides are quite difficult to separate, and they aren't heat sealed.
You could try Letraset 12mm HighTack Double Sided Tape . That doesn't come apart easily, I used it to stick the switch membrane panel onto my DRO-350. It does stick to polythene.
Tony Finn