BCA Collets

I have advertised for BCA collets and have been asked by several people to sell mine to them! so I think that there is a need for someone to make some. I have been experimenting and I have made some very satisfactory copies, to make it all worthwile I propose making a batch. The process follows the best practice of making the collet solid, boring and reaming the hole, slitting but leaving a ring of metal at the front to keep it all together, heat treating and then removing the ring on the front to spring the collet. I am happy to make them in any size from 1/8" to 3/8" with or without internal treads, metric or imperial, I can provide them undersize for grinding or hardened and tempered to finished bore The price will be =A315 per collet plus postage at cost. If you are interested please mail me Peter

Reply to
petercolman45

Ah - I converted mine to ER20, using an ER20 collet chuck with a straight shaft, 'cos I couldn't get any collets. Still got the original shaft and bearings though.

RDG do a range of tools, including a drill chuck, end mill, fly cutter, and soft blanks, for the BCA - but they don't do collets. A decent set of collets will likely cost more than a BCA jig borer.

-- Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother