BCA Collets

I have advertised for BCA collets and have been asked by several people to sell mine to them! so I think that there is a need for
someone to make some. I have been experimenting and I have made some very satisfactory copies, to make it all worthwile I propose making a batch. The process follows the best practice of making the collet solid, boring and reaming the hole, slitting but leaving a ring of metal at the front to keep it all together, heat treating and then removing the ring on the front to spring the collet. I am happy to make them in any size from 1/8" to 3/8" with or without internal treads, metric or imperial, I can provide them undersize for grinding or hardened and tempered to finished bore The price will be 15 per collet plus postage at cost. If you are interested please mail me Peter
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Ah - I converted mine to ER20, using an ER20 collet chuck with a straight shaft, 'cos I couldn't get any collets. Still got the original shaft and bearings though.
RDG do a range of tools, including a drill chuck, end mill, fly cutter, and soft blanks, for the BCA - but they don't do collets. A decent set of collets will likely cost more than a BCA jig borer.
-- Peter Fairbrother