Grinder Balancing again

about a

If you knew what the surgeon had done to them recently attaching them to a faceplate would be childs play!!!!!!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

While the arrangement does indeed seem to work, the analysis is less than rigorous. I am not certain how to accommodate the fact that imbalance mass and resonant motion are seperated by a phase angle. Below resonant speed however, the two are in phase and I am supposing it is during this period that the correction happens. I haven't sat down and really considered it carefully - any takers?

Cheers Richard

Richard Shute

That's interesting, are there any specific ports to use as normal-non-standard or is it completely free/random?

Richard

Richard Shute

The other interesting question is how well it copes with acceleration/deceleration (which will happen as soon as you start using the wheel to grind anything).

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Richard Shute laid this down on his screen :

You can only successfully connect to a news server on one of its valid port numbers. Some NS's only use the default port number, but others accept connections via alternate port numbers. To be able to use them, you also need a news reader which allows you to specify the port to be used and the type of connection.

For instance I use a free NS called news.eternal-september.org and a free news reader called Mesnews. With that combination I can connect via port 563 without interference from Tiscali (Talk Talk as it is now).

There is nothing to prevent you from setting up something similar to the above and running it for a while in parallel with your current news reader, to see how it goes.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Have you had any internet browsing issues since Tiscali was taking over?. A mate is with Tiscali, now talktalk, and the quality of his internet service seems to have gone down the pan since the take over. Not sure where the problem is at the moment but a usual example is you might be using google, ebay, etc and be going through some items then it just continually comes up with an internet connection problem page for some period, sometimes the pages display malformed without the intended formatting. If left for awhile it may come back when refreshed but it is highly annoying and only seems to have happened since the changeover.

Reply to
David Billington

Not even the slightest of problems. We get around 7Mb on an 8Mb connection - it has always been fast and stable. We have had a rare hiccup with email in the past and lots of newsgroup issues, entirely resolved by changing ports.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I'm in the same boat, but in my case it's nowhere near as good as 'down the pan' it has some way to improve to get to atrocious.

Yes, I get that. On other occasions it can take several minutes to connect (to BrdBnd) and on others you are casually surfing away and get an 404 page not found and after a bit of checking find you have been disconnected.

I would really like to change, but the inertia of changing emails all over the place and having to re-arrange the phone line is quite large :-|

Richard

Richard Shute

I user a wired/wireless router. This is left on 24/7. My PC uses it wired, but SWMBO uses a wireless connection. The wireless connection has deteriorated as the years have passed, due to more people using wireless. Sometimes she has found it inaccessible and reboots the the router. The reboot takes only a minute before my wired connection is back on and working.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Likely not the problem in my mates case as the main computer I use when there is wired to the ADSL modem and the service is crap these days. My mates kids all use wireless, as he didn't want to go to the trouble of wiring them and pulling all the carpets up etc, they suffer the same issues as the wired connection.

Reply to
David Billington

We've had that - the cure is to configure the wireless connection to use a different channel as most come configured to the same channel by default. Information is available if you google for something like "wifi channels interference" eg the first reference is

Alan

Reply to
Alan Dawes

Alan Dawes has brought this to us :

I moved from the default channel long ago, the problem is the sheer number of local access points in use that it is difficult to find a clear one here. Having said that, I manage to provide access to a relative half a mile away over a point to point link via a separate access point, using directional antennas. I just cannot maintain reliable access around the house.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield