Harrison mill

Hi all

I've been offered a Harrison vertical mill as shown here:

Its 3 phase with the standard vertical head (no quill unfortunately) and has powered feeds. It comes with a machine vice and several chucks.

I think the only cost will be in time and effort to relocate it (8 miles in a Transit or trailer) and then the price of a phase converter and perhaps a new motor if it can't be run from 240V 3ph rather than

440V.

Does any one have any experience of these machines and any useful advice regarding this acquisition? Is there any good reason to not grab this oportunity?

cheers

Toby

Reply to
Toby

Hello Toby you jammy devil grab it with both hands or offer it to others, yes they are a good machine I had one some years ago and put a M size bridgeport head on with an adaptor bracket, but it would also probably take a full size bridgeport J 2 head with a reasonable bit of bracketary. Cheers colin

Reply to
colin1544

Hi Colin

thanks for your positive response - I think you're right - grab it while I can.

cheers

Toby

Reply to
Toby