help wanted identifying lathe.

I've just obtained a lathe, and am looking for any info on it.
There is makers name or identifying marks.
It is a round bed, turret lathe, about 3 1/2 ft overall width.
No gears,or leadscrew, just pulleys.
Any info at all would be appreciated.
Pics at:
http://www.honyaservices/lathe
Reply to
bigegg
Your link is not working, have you made a typo?
Rich
Reply to
Rich
Should be:
Looks like you've got an interesting restoration project there...
Regards, Tony
Reply to
Tony Jeffree
Thanks - the .com is supposed to redirect. I'll have to look into that.
yes - I have the motor and drive pulleys as well, but it's working out what is supposed to go where - I've no experience with turret lathes.
Will a chuck fit into the collet in the headstock? or will the collet retainer need to be removed?
Also, will it be possible to get a tailstock to fit, or do I fit the centres in the turret?
Reply to
bigegg
Did I just see this on Saturday at the Sodbury Sortout? ;o))
Regards,
Kim Siddorn
In spring, a man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of getting his motorcycle on the road!
Reply to
Kim Siddorn
nope :.)
don't suppose you noticed what make the one there was did you?
Reply to
bigegg
Have you got a picture of the whole lathe? Not bits n bobs..
Tom
Reply to
Tom
Erm, no, I'm afraid not - but it was very alike. It was the gurt lever that caught my eye ;o))
It's got some curious features, hasn't it?
Regards,
Kim Siddorn
In spring, a man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of getting his motorcycle on the road!
Reply to
Kim Siddorn
I've so far discovered that the headstock takes Hardinge collets - it came with a 5/8"
and if I take the collet retaining cap off, an (unknown size) morse taper adaptor that I got at the car boot is a good fit.
Reply to
bigegg
If the bed is precisely 3 inches diameter, with a 1 inch slot underneath and the leadscrew centrally mounted inside it, then suspect some Drummond ancestry in it ... though there isn't a single casting in common with the original Drummond Round Bed.
Otherwise, ... no ideas.
- Brian
Reply to
Brian Drummond
There is no slot, and no leadscrew
And I must have searched through 200 pages + on google last night, without even one picture of a lathe that looked anything like
:.((
Reply to
bigegg
In message , bigegg writes
Its just a small Capstan/2nd OP machine. Though I dont see the stops i would expect on the turret slide.
Wayne.....
Reply to
Wayne Weedon
it is very possible that it could be a Sothbend Lathe..... i remember my dad telling me about one he had in the past.. i swear he said it had a round bed.
HTH
Reply to
Tim Bird