Hiab needed

Due to problems with my regular guys, like the trivial details of operators licences, I am on the lookout for someone with a truck no larger than a 7.5 ton fitted with a hiab that can do a round trip from Enfield, North London, to a private address just past Oxford, then to Haddenham near Aylesbury, then back to North London. Maximum load is just under a ton (another Bridgeport mill ) on the way back, a Colchester student lathe on the way out. Truck has to be small due to difficult access to my work area. A Transit may even do the job if the hiab is strong enough. Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Bob, Do you know anyone with a skip truck? Skip trucks, even transit's are brilliant for moving machines, hang them from the chains, they can't tip over and once on strap them to the arms, can't fall over again. Had loads moved this way and most skip truck drivers regards delivering and collections as part of the job. Hiab and machinery movers regard this AS the job and prices reflect it.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Good idea, I'll put my thinking cap on Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Bob,you could try Dave Redmond on 01923 260835.He`s on the outskirts of N London.Have used him in the past with no problems. Mark.

Reply to
mark

North London,

Aylesbury,

(another

area. A

As a matter of interest what is the going day rate for a hiab flatbed and driver? (Looks like the move may be back on!!)

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I'm paying £40 per hour at the moment but that up here. That's a 24 or 26 tonne 6 wheeler with a 12 tonne Hiab.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

A customer hired a 4-wheeler (scrap car collector) to lift an engine out last week, cost him 60 quid. Maybe an hour's total driving + half an hour on the job.

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

Thanks to all I will give Dave a call. While I'm here, anyone have any suggestions where I can get a sidelock chuck with an R8 shank to take 12mm slot drills. I usually get the threaded shank cheapies from J&L but seem to go through them alot, they are cheapies after all, so thought I would go for flatted shank cutters of better quality. Bob

Reply to
Emimec