Advice on moving machines (South East/East England)

I've never moved a machine before which I cannot break down into pieces which can be lifted by a couple of people. However, I have been thinking of
purchasing a heavily built small vertical mill on cabinet stand and the base casting is too heavy to be moved in this way.
As my main interest is watches and clocks, I don't posses engine hoists, pallet trucks, trailers, tow bars or other useful pieces of lifting/moving equipment which seem necessary for this type of work.
Therefore, looks like I need to place the task into the hands of a professional, but ideally someone fairly local to the South East/East (I am in Bucks). Does anyone have any suggestions for how I might find someone suitable, or even any recommendations?
Alan
Alan Bain wrote:

Possibly consider begging/borrowing/stealing/buying an engine crane to assist in the move. I bought a MachineMart 1 ton folding crane some years ago and the 200 was well spent as it has proved very useful over the years. It was purchased as I knew I was going to be buying a fly press and needed something to lift it. The most significant work it has done recently was moving a Hayes Diemaster mill for a friend, that is a small heavily built vertical mill. While the crane could lift it we used the crane to dismantle the mill into its basic components and load it into a Ford Transit and then used it to reassemble the mill at the other end of the journey at a later date once the parts were cleaned up.
Other than that you want a company with a flatbed and HIAB possibly. I know a company my way but that's not local to you. Last time I enquired a couple of years ago the price was around 40/hour but when I used another local guy with that sort of rig it was surprising how fast he could load and unload things so the price was quite good.
I don't know whether you can rent smaller trucks with a lift crane easily but the last time I got a lathe delivered it was on a rental truck.
Landylift: he advertises on the homeworkshop sales list
AWEM

pieces
thinking of

and the base

hoists,
lifting/moving
East/East
find
over
has
is a

used
it
other
enquired
he
truck.
On 19/04/2011 22:32, Alan Bain wrote:

I'll second that re Landylift, He moved a mill from Nr Portsmouth to N Shropshire for me and did a superb job, no problems at all, a very satisfied customer. Try this link http://www.homeworkshop.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8:landylift&catid :traders&Itemid Good luck Don

This thread is now quite old, but the following information draws it to a close. Following the suggestions received here I contactaed Landylift, who moved the Boley Mill for me and did an excellent job. Thus I am another satisfied customer!
Alan