Urgent Transport Panic!!!

Does anyone have phone numbers for a private operator machine shifter based SE London or East Sussex equipped with a hi-ab equipped flat bed (about 20 foot bed length) capable of lifting 2.5 tons extended?

My poor chap who has done sterling work for me for years, and has moved four loads to my new place in East Sussex last week has ended up in hospital this weekend with no given release date, and I have an estimated two more loads to shift by Wednesday.

Still to go are:

J&S 1300 EUIR cyl grinder - 2.5 tons J&S 540 - 0.75 ton Bridgeport Interact CNC Mill - 1.75 tons (??) Bridgeport manual mill - 0.75 tons Colchester Master 2500 - 0.75 tons Agemaspark spark eroder - 1 ton Mikron 112 Gear Hobber - 0.25 ton

3 loaded pallets - 2 tons Several benches, shelving units etc

Problem is I have NO lee way - this needs shifting URGENTLY as the house is sold !!!!!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Not SE London, but Guyott Machinery Services in Colchester may be able to help.

Ask for Paul Guyott and mention my name. He's an old school chum of mine and moved stuff for me earlier this year. He also has storage facilities if you're stuck.

Failing that, you could have an expensive call to Milbank Trucks

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

This link may help, worth a shot if stumped !

Emimec

Why not sell the Interact to me !!! save the shipping............... Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Andrew,

Also not quite Sussex but....

The usual disclaimers.

Ro

-- elj221

----------------------------------------------------------------------- elj221c's Profile:

this thread:

elj221c

message

shifter

ended up

Half the tooling is already in East Sussex - anyway you couldn't afford it!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Not a private operator, but we've used BR Saunders

at work. They're very obliging.

HTH

Reply to
John Montrose

I use a small company from the Maidstone area.Can`t remember their name and the Psion has packed up.You will get their name and number from Hatfield (Hadfield) Machine Tools. Mark.

Reply to
mark

Would that be Kent Machine Service?

We used them for moving the Injection Moulding Machines we bought in, very good, but not cheap at around a grand a time for pickup/unload/and position in factory.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

I have plenty of tooling. What makes you think I cant afford it? It was only an offer in jest, I can get a carousel tool changer CNC for a little over what I recall you paid for the old Interact. Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Millbank Trucks have a depot in Cliffe - not too far away. Details here:

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Not them Peter.This lot are in Maidstone.Used them a few times.I`ve got guys with Hiabs dotted about all over the deep south.One for each area.Unfortunately I will have to do a lot of invoice shuffling to find them now as I never got around to backing up the Psion. Mark.

Reply to
mark

Why dont you call a local company to me, well known name: Pickfords heavy haulage, or would they to to expensive for you?

Reply to
Emimec

message

extended?

shipping...............

They cannot get in the drive with what they have available at short notice - they only have their big stuff free!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

shifter

Thanks to very kind folks at Home& Workshop Machinery, and London Machinery I have a big flatbed with hi-ab and a smaller 7.5 tonner turning up tommorrow morning, and hopefully we can sort the job out with those.

Very many thanks to all who offered suggestions - very much appreciated - this truly is the best of the engineering discussion groups

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

shifter

Thanks to very kind folks at Home& Workshop Machinery, and London

Machinery I have a big flatbed with hi-ab and a smaller 7.5 tonner

turning up tommorrow morning, and hopefully we can sort the job out

with those.

Very many thanks to all who offered suggestions - very much

appreciated - this truly is the best of the engineering discussion

groups

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

What happened to him?

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Prepair Ltd

I managed to get through to him in hospital this morning, and he is saying a 'burst intestine', which I've never come across before - I wonder if it is actually an appendix problem. Last Thursday he tripped over a rachet strap and fell off the flat bed onto concrete, but amazingly managed to roll like an acrobat avoiding hitting his head. He got up and claimed to be fine, worked all that day and the next, but was complaining of stomach & groin pains at the end of the second day - but at the time was blaming it on a dodgy chicken pie he'd eaten. So I'm not sure if the fall is relevent or not. Either way he doesn't deserve what he's going through.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Ouch!! Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Prepair Ltd

OK so now we have got Andrew sorted out, who knows of a similar type o

machine shifter in North or West Yorkshire area that can shift my ki in the near future without charging an arm and a leg.

Heaviest single item will be the Harrison L5A lathe followed by th Alexander Miller, then the Mikron 112 hobber a Myford S7, and an Atla

7" shaper.

Phil Procter Harrogate but soon Silsden

-- pgp00

this thread: