Does anyone have an extra auto helmet

Does anyone have an extra auto helmet they want to sell?

Unexpected problems and expenses on a kit car are forcing me to find a good inexpensive helmet.

Reply to
Harry

They can be had off eBay for £25, I have 2 and they work fine.

Does anyone have an extra auto helmet they want to sell?

Unexpected problems and expenses on a kit car are forcing me to find a good inexpensive helmet.

Reply to
David Griffin

Reply to
Robert Ball

local hardware stores has manual helets with the large glass for $20

I've used auto and non-auto, and while the auto is convienent, I did not get one for my personal use. the $35 that i didn't spend for the auto bought a whole lot of rod

Reply to
Tater

Reply to
Harry

He's right. I have vertigo. I wear bifocals. I have spondylosis in my neck. I have compressed C5-C7 vertebrae. I had traumatic brain injury from an accident two years ago.

I have welded 31 years now. The auto helmet is one of the best inventions I have seen come along in the welding field in all that time. It helps with a lots of things medical, and that results in better welding.

If not for safety and comfort, just think of it for how well it will help you put that metal exactly where you want to more of the time. Strike the arc EXACTLY where you want instead of an inch off because you nodded. You don't have that lag between when you nod your hood and when your brain, eyes, and hands start working together again, as that has deteriorated since you were young, taller, and bulletproof.

I have a NexGen EQC. It's my second one. The first was stolen. I tried my old Jackson with the big window, and one day, just went and bought another. OUCH. If you are going to weld, do it right. Buy the stuff that will help you be as good as you can be. And take care of your eyes. With the heat and reflected rays, they will get worse fast enough.

Perhaps you could buy a cheaper one to learn on. Then if you really get going, a new good one will pay for itself. Try to use both types, and that should be a VERY convincing acid test.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

The HF Blue helmet has gotten rave reviews from nearly everyone Ive talked to. I bought one a couple years ago..and it stays in the truck with the Weldpak 100 for small maint jobs. Works great, less filling They are about $59 normaly..on sale for $39-49. Talk to the manager and ask for a deal. They often will give you one if the helmet is not on sale.

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism. As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Reply to
Gunner

Thanks Gunner,

Are you talking about the 2nd one down? 91212-1VGA

Harry

Reply to
Harry