Perils of Modern Shopping

Hi all,

I usually avoid the Supermarket shopping like the plague but about 3 weeks ago my wife mentioned that they had started doing a lot of tools on promotion in the local Tesco's. So to earn a few "smartie points" I obviously offered to help next time she went. I turned up "to help" as promised with the weekly shop but got told off as there wasn't enough room left in the trolley for mundane things like food. Some real bargains I thought and I bought various essential things as you do. One of the tools was a very cheap battery drill/screwdriver very low power but less than =A310 so worth a try I thought. The same with a small jigsaw as my 25 year old B&D has finally given up, you can't trust tools anymore!! Anyway decided today that another drill would be a good idea as I can then have one to drill and one to put the screws in. Some blades for the jigsaw would be useful too. So off I went to brave the Monday morning trolley maniacs to find............. Not a Bloody tool in the Place!!! When I finally found an "assistant" that actually could master basic communication I was told "oh that promotion finished at the weekend we are on to garden stuff now". I don't know about "garden stuff" but I certainly feel "stuffed".

Best regards

Keith

Reply to
jontom_1uk

wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com... Hi all,

I usually avoid the Supermarket shopping like the plague but about 3 weeks ago my wife mentioned that they had started doing a lot of tools on promotion in the local Tesco's. So to earn a few "smartie points" I obviously offered to help next time she went. I turned up "to help" as promised with the weekly shop but got told off as there wasn't enough room left in the trolley for mundane things like food. Some real bargains I thought and I bought various essential things as you do. One of the tools was a very cheap battery drill/screwdriver very low power but less than £10 so worth a try I thought. The same with a small jigsaw as my 25 year old B&D has finally given up, you can't trust tools anymore!! Anyway decided today that another drill would be a good idea as I can then have one to drill and one to put the screws in. Some blades for the jigsaw would be useful too. So off I went to brave the Monday morning trolley maniacs to find............. Not a Bloody tool in the Place!!! When I finally found an "assistant" that actually could master basic communication I was told "oh that promotion finished at the weekend we are on to garden stuff now". I don't know about "garden stuff" but I certainly feel "stuffed". Best regards Keith

Hi Keith, This answers a question I had in the pub at teatime. Last night I told a mate about the tools & music, CD's Etc at Warrington Tesco. Tonight he said I was having him on as the tools didn't exist.

Reply to
Dave Croft