How big is a bridgeport?

Beware dave alot of the clone type bridgeports have longer beds usually 48 x

9 needing that extra distance to travel best of luck. Colin
Reply to
Colin Wildgust

Exactly how mine used to be arranged in the old workshop setup. This has an added advantage in that in kind of contains the chips a fair bit.

Wayne...

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

recommendations that

This

Yes - that's how my manual Bridgeport is set up - across a corner - with strategic notches cut in high level shelving to allow the ram to rotate to let the shaper head see the table on those rare occassions that it's used. The CNC Bridgeport (Interact 1) sits in a recessed bay as it is more square than triangular like the manual one.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I'm not familiar with this concept and I'm sure that there are others who are also confused by it. Could you explain it to us please?

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

The thought had crossed my m> Peter,

Ahh, but thats 'cos all the junk has been dumped in a shed round the back prior to clearing the rest of it out to clean up. I swear that I've ended up buying so many 'bargain' bits from boot sales and e-bay that I'm now getting pleasant surprises when I move something on the bench and find something underneath that I'd forgotten I had. Lots of those 'useful some day' things....

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

FWIW, lowering the knee and inverting the head, makes shifting BPs a lot safer.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

The Ceiling is 7'10" :), and from my cardboard cutouts if i rearrange

*ALL* the heavy cast iron and steel things, and the cupboards and shelves (just a little job then!) I can probably get one in and have sace to use it. I think I might have to lose the shaper, but once I have a mill I doubt Ill use it much anyway. I assume a clone will be much the same size, are there any perticular clones to favor / avoid assuming I come accross one?

thanks for the useful info so far

Dave

Reply to
dave sanderson