ID mystery lathe?

I saw this at my local auction:

What on earth is it?

The leadscrew is massive, and so is the cross-feed, but they're both manual (i.e. not geared to the mandrel).

But the drive and head are tiny, and simply attached to welded angle section.

The cutter looks like one from a spindle moulder, and there are woodshavings/dust on it; wether this is from storage or use I have no idea.

I guess it was made by "someone" for a specific task - anyone got any ideas?

BugBear

Reply to
bugbear

Looks homemade for woodturning - looks like a tool rest in front of the headstock

Reply to
Robin

Agreed - but why the massive lead screws?

BugBear

Reply to
bugbear

I assume it what what the builder had to hand.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Doesn't look a huge amount bigger than my Myford...

Reply to
Robin