Invert Welder MMA and TIG

I have been considering an Inverter Welder for some time, and have always fancied having a go at Tig welding. Does anyone have any knowledge of, or experience with, units like this one?

There are others very like this about at prices similar but at least this supplier offers a warranty return to the UK. I realise it is not in stock bu would not buy for a couple of months anyway.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards

I'm always suspicious when they use the phrase 'high quality' in the title :(

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I agree, its a bit like the pub sign "GOOD food cooked daily". Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards

They're a Chinese seller of containers full of anything they can possibly shift. Stack it high, sell it cheap, don't support it. Caveat emptor.

Reply to
Mark Rand

The misspellings in the advert don't help instill confidence either or the range of products such as false eyelashes and UV nail lacquer curers. Regarding the original post I have seen some good feedback regarding R-Tech

and its products including replacing a failed component a bit outside warranty. I have no personal experience with their products though just seen comments from the odd customer. My inverter is a Hitachi inverter TIG/MMA and now about 16 years old and has performed faultlessly in that time and I would hope so for what it cost, but shortly after inverter TIG prices did start to drop somewhat.

Reply to
David Billington

I can echo the above post and have an R-tech. Was a bit pricier but went for the 200A AC/DC model. If your looking for a review of some R-tech stuff, have a look at Doubleboost's youtube channel - a straight talking, says what he thinks type bloke with a rye sense of humour.

Kerr

Reply to
KM

Interesting, I was looking at Doubleboost this afternoon and I see R-Tech are just a few miles away. I may try a demo when I return from holiday. If the sale of my second house goes through I will have a few bob to spare. Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards

Oh good, I'll send you a list of modestly priced goodies I have for disposal - should be able to empty your pockets :)

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

It is only an end terrace 2 up and 2 down so I could probably only afford bits from your tool drawer. I have no space anyway. Whilst I fancy a welder I am concerned that there is too much that is inflammable in my shop. This is one reason why Tig is maybe a good option compared to MMA or Mig. The one cockup I did make with the property was not putting it in joint names. If I had done so the capital gains tax would have been a lot less!

Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards

In article , Richard Edwards writes

Richard,

If you mean joint with your wife, you could have transferred a half share to her before the sale; a transfer of assets between spouses is exempt from capital gains tax.

But maybe you didn't want to hear that now...

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

Move into it, have all your selling correspondence to it, and sell it as your main residence - just like MP's flipping to get the best allowance :)

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Surely Mawson only ever acquires stuff, never disposes? Must be an imposter posting under his name!

Seriously I have a 180am DC only inverter TIG and it's a bloody useful piece of kit. I have the sunburn to prove it from some welding last weekend (the arc is much brighter than my MIG)

Charles

Reply to
charlesp

Scurrilous fellow that you are Charles !

It was with a tear in my eye that my Austin Healey 3000 BJ8 Mk2 left on a trailer this very afternoon :(

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Blimey. You've had that a fair while. Damp hanky time indeed.

charles