Inverters ARE Easy

Just finished re-wiring the main motor on my Adcock & Shipley 1ES
milling machine. I kept the original 3 phase motor (but wired it
delta instead of the original star) and powered it using an inverter
from Clive (advertises on homeworkshop). Three wires from motor to
inverter, mains in to inverter and a foward/reverse switch (I managed
to use the original one on the machine -looks better than "bodged in"
switches). It was as easy as connecting a single phase motor to a
start/stop switch. To anyone else considering doing this -stop
thinking about it and do it! If you're competent enought to connect a
single phase motor up, this will be a doddle.
Regards
Kevin
Reply to
Kevin Steele