Making model steam pipe connections

Whats the nornal way to connect up 1/8" OD copper steam pipes to my model (actually compressed air in this case)? I have made a union and nut, but I am not sure whether I should solder a ring onto the pipe, attempt a compression fitting, or make a nipple into which the 1/8" pipe can be soldered outside the nut. I am thinking the soldered brass ring, turned true, might be tidiest.

Steve

Reply to
Cheshire Steve

Sorry I posted this twice - it took nearly three hours for the first one to appear, and I assumed that something to do with installing Firefox had blocked it (I use the web-based google groups interface rather than a newsgroup reader - maybe its time to get one). Firefox has fixed numerous problems I had with website when using IE6.

Steve

Reply to
Cheshire Steve

In message , Cheshire Steve writes

[snip]

Apart from the ability to do deep searches, using a web browser for Usenet has always seemed to me to be overkill. I don't use Micro$oft Outlook for either mail or news but I understand that its news-reader facility is adequate for the job.

Reply to
Mike Hopkins