Motor question

Anyone know where I can get a frame 56 (or smaller) 0.37 kW dual voltage three-phase motor, pref 2800 rpm, for use with an inverter?
The frame 56 bit is the hard part.
Thanks,
-- Peter Fairbrother

If it were .33hp rather then .37kw, I've got a 48 frame dual volt motor from a J&S sensitive drill that's getting in the way.
71 frame seem to be common, but someone out there must make a half hp 56 frame 2 pole motor!
Mark Rand RTFM
Mark Rand wrote:

It's for my to-be-cnc BCA milling machine. I want to mount the motor next to the spindle (which I have replaced with an ER25 straight shank collet chuck, as Lorch long series collets for a BCA are scarcer than hens playing cribbage) rather than have a long belt to the back, so I can use it horizontally.
A 48 frame would be extremely good though, 56 frame is only just small enough to mount so it is at the same level with the spindle, ie with both pulleys at the top. My thinking is that mounting the motor above the spindle would make it wobblier.
But I wonder whether it would be powerful enough. How big a milling cutter would it drive? 12mm would do nicely.
Am I correct in thinking that a 3-phase motor is more powerful than an equally rated single phase motor?
One alternative might be a DC motor?

I've seen single voltage ones, designed for sewing machines, but I can't find any dual voltage ones.
-- Peter Fairbrother

Unless your BCA is much bigger than my BCA (possible, mine's actually an Excel model 0), then even a 48 frame motor is far too big to hang off the side of the head. I suspect you need to look for a high power brushless DC motor/servo motor and be prepared to gear it down 2:1 or more if you want to hang it off the side.
12mm in steel seems very large for the BCA spindle, although a Mk3 might cope.
Mark Rand RTFM
Mark Rand wrote:

Mine's a later model (unknown, looks a bit like a BCA Mk.2 but not identical) but not too dissimilar - but a 56 frame motor will just fit, and a 48 would fit easily.
I suspect you need to look for a high power brushless DC motor/servo

I'm also considering something like that.

Spindle's been replaced with an 8" 20 mm straight shank ER25 collet holder - which is presumably designed to be okay with 12mm in steel? Not as hard as the original spindle, but a lot tougher.
Bearings are (new) plain bronze at the moment, but I plan to fit probably taper rollers later.
What I was really wondering is whether 1/3 HP is enough power?
-- Peter Fairbrother