Moving house

Hi, Has anyone moved house using a 'standard' removal firm and had their machine tools transported? I'm thinking of moving, but am not sure if
Pickfords (or whoever) will move my lathes? Will they view them as industrial machinery, or move them if they can lift them?
Anyone got any experience of moving house that they'd like to share?
Rgrds Callum

A normal company moved my lathe for me (a Unitool / Boxford- not sure of the exact model but bed is about 1m long) without any problems. I removed the motor assembly and tailstock and they did the rest. Didn't bat an eyelid.
--
Brian Reay
www.g8osn.org.uk

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:44:49 +0000, Kevin Steele

They must have gone downhill since I last used them. I had a lathe and a totally dismantled vintage car in the garage and while three other companies took one look and refused to quote Pickfords didn't bat an eyelid.
More recently I moved from Cambridge to the south of France via storage and the removals company had no problems with the Atlas lathe. Now if I had a Colchester it might have been a different story.
Russell.
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:02:45 +0100, Russell Eberhardt

Chances are then I might have a few small problems then ?
-- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:20:23 +0000, John Stevenson

Haven't Pickfords got a Reliant then?
Mark Rand RTFM

Well I did a 'rough guesstimate' at the weight of my machines and ancillaries and it's well over ten tons as a move, although not iminent, is on the cards in the next 5 years. 'Man with a hiab' needs cultivating.I reckon !
AWEM
Kevin Steele wrote:

Thats why they bought out Vanguards machinery removals, though their domestic mover dept. doesn't use them their commercail relocation units do....
I used Vanguard years ago to move so printing equipment, not cheap but very good, they even dismantled and re-built the press.