Myford cross slide controls

When I bought my Super 7, I was told that there was a washer missing underneath the cross-slide handle - basically the micrometer dial doesn't move when you wind the cross slide in and out. I tried using the washer from underneath the compound handle (same part number) and it just jams. I then made some different washers from brass shim stock but couldn't get one to the right thickness to prevent jamming or give enough friction to make the dial turn.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Robin

It should be a washer made of spring steel and given a slight curvature to proved the necessary pressure. This tends to need tweaking to get the right feel. For a similar job I have successfully tried a Belville washer home-made in phosphor-bronze.

Reply to
Charles Lamont

Thanks, Charles. I'll have a dig around to see if I have anything suitable in the parts bin...

Reply to
Robin