Myford motor wiring

Hi all, hoping someone can help a newby to model engineering. I bought my first lathe, Myford ML7 recently along with a Dayton drum reversing switch, Mem starter switch, isolating switch and a start/emergency stop switch. I think I've sussed the wiring out but would appreciate a second opinion on wiring the motor. The motor is the original lathe motor a Crompton Parkinson 3/4 hp single phase 240v. Would I be correct to say that when wiring the motor to forward / reverse motion, you have to remove the two wire links inside the casing ? then you only have to change the polarity of the start windings ( Z + T) via the reversing switch? the running windings (AZ + A) remain the same, ie wired to mains L & N. I intend to use the start & stop switches as remote switches on the stand. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers All.

Reply to
DAVE