O ring question

Hi all,
I have a box of various O-rings and a parts list that calls for a 19 x 2mm
O-ring. The 2mm bit is fairly obvious but is the 19mm the internal or
external diameter or the average of the two or some other measurement?
(circumference???)
thanks
Reply to
Spod
It's the outer diameter.
Nick
Reply to
Nick Mueller
usually the OD.
Martin P
Reply to
campingstoveman
If you ask for a 50 x 4mm O ring it will measure 58od.O rings are measured ID x Section and always have been. Mark.
Reply to
mark
Id then section as per here.
Steve Larne
-- Steve Larne ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Steve Larner's Profile:
this thread:
Steve Larner
So that's three votes for OD and two for ID.
Anyone else :)
Spod
Reply to
Spod
Seems like ID to me.
Chris
Reply to
Chris Eilbeck
Gentlemen, Even though I have always specified OD and section without a problem I stand corrected as all of the Web sites I have just looked at state ID. I good to know that the trade counters I use can subtract though :-))
Martin P
Reply to
campingstoveman
Add me to the ones standing corrected. It is ID.
Nick
Reply to
Nick Mueller