O ring question

Hi all,

I have a box of various O-rings and a parts list that calls for a 19 x 2mm O-ring. The 2mm bit is fairly obvious but is the 19mm the internal or external diameter or the average of the two or some other measurement? (circumference???)

thanks

Reply to
Spod

It's the outer diameter.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

usually the OD.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

If you ask for a 50 x 4mm O ring it will measure 58od.O rings are measured ID x Section and always have been. Mark.

Reply to
mark

Id then section as per here.

Steve Larne

-- Steve Larne

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Steve Larner's Profile:

this thread:

Steve Larner

OD

Reply to
Tom

So that's three votes for OD and two for ID.

Anyone else :)

Spod

Reply to
Spod

Seems like ID to me.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Eilbeck

Gentlemen, Even though I have always specified OD and section without a problem I stand corrected as all of the Web sites I have just looked at state ID. I good to know that the trade counters I use can subtract though :-))

Reply to
campingstoveman

Add me to the ones standing corrected. It is ID.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller