Perspex / Alu Fixing (or - Proper Planning Prevents...)

Hi all,

I started turning up an idea I had, without properly planning it through. I have two perspex disks, approx 4mm thick and about 45mm dia. They need to be mounted either side of an aluminium ring, of similar dimensions. The thing is, the ally ring has a wall thickness of about

2.5mm, so it could be quite difficult for me to accurately place and drill through for small dia. nuts & bolts, which was my 1st idea.

Can anyone suggest a method of holding all three together? An adhesive would be visible through the perspex?

If I did go for drilling & bolting, what sort of size screws am I looking at? Even M2 is looking a bit big, but I don't know anything about ME sizes.

Thanks,

Ed

Reply to
zedbert

No, you don't see a perspex glue. If you buy a UV-hardening one and sandblast the ali, it sticks -umm- quite well. I'd make a recess into the perspex to align the ring. Super glue is also an option.

Hope the forces aren't to high.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller