Poly V sheave details

Hi All,
I have been volunteered to cut a set of poly V grooves on a shaft for
someone. I think it is for use with J series belts just like those used
on a washing machine.
Please can anyone point me towards a source of the key dimensions and
angles needed?
TIA
Bob
Reply to
Bob Minchin
These may or may not help. I dug them up when thinking about a poly V belt conversion for the ML7:-

HTH Mark Rand RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand
Bob, Take a look at this
It's an 11 tpi coventry die chaser. Dead ringer for J section. Got some pullies that run 8 hours per day at 9,000 rpm on woodworking machines and have done for 5 years using this method.
-- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
Reply to
John Stevenson

gives useful dimensions.
ISTR 11 tpi is within specified tolerance for 'pitch'. The angle on a whit form die may be a bit out, but if it works, don't knock it
Cheers Tim
Tim Leech Dutton Dry-Dock
timleech
Thanks John & others
The 11 TPI solution looks attractive if a bit out of spec on the angle (40 degree Vs 55) but I cant argue with the practical evidence of satisfactory running quoted.
I'll have a rummage in my box of chasers.
Regards
Bob
Reply to
Bob Minchin