Poly V sheave details

Hi All,

I have been volunteered to cut a set of poly V grooves on a shaft for someone. I think it is for use with J series belts just like those used on a washing machine. Please can anyone point me towards a source of the key dimensions and angles needed?

TIA

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

These may or may not help. I dug them up when thinking about a poly V belt conversion for the ML7:-

HTH Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Bob, Take a look at this

It's an 11 tpi coventry die chaser. Dead ringer for J section. Got some pullies that run 8 hours per day at 9,000 rpm on woodworking machines and have done for 5 years using this method.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

gives useful dimensions.

ISTR 11 tpi is within specified tolerance for 'pitch'. The angle on a whit form die may be a bit out, but if it works, don't knock it

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech Dutton Dry-Dock

timleech

Thanks John & others

The 11 TPI solution looks attractive if a bit out of spec on the angle (40 degree Vs

55) but I cant argue with the practical evidence of satisfactory running quoted.

I'll have a rummage in my box of chasers.

Regards

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin