Poor Service

I have been dealing with Rapid Online for various electrical/ electronic bits and pieces.I ordered screened multicore cable from
them on Thurs 30th July.Because of the value it was free delivery.When it hadn`t appeared by Tues 4th Aug I called them and was informed by a snotty young lady that the order had been despatched the day I ordered it and I should allow five working days for it to be delivered.Yesterday I sent them an email telling them what I thought of their service.Five days are up so called them today to cancel the order and was informed that it had not been despatched and was on back order. That`s the last time they hear from me. Considering that the person who took the order and the person I spoke to on Tuesday did not mention that it was out of stock I have to assume that this is another firm who are taking the order then ordering the item from their supplier,this will obviously help their cashflow but do nothing for customer relations. Similar goods ordered from RS on Monday but of insignificant value were delivered on Tuesday so it`s all orders to RS from now on. Mark.
snipped-for-privacy@ems-fife.co.uk wrote:

I must say I am a little surprised. I have been using Rapid for a while after having a falling out with CPC, but only via their web site, and that seems to be accurate on the stock situation. It will tell me when they only have 19 of the 25 I ordered, and will not take the order. Of cause in that case you get stung for the 10 up price instead of the 25 one, but I've been finding even here the prices are better than Farnell and service much better than CPC. I only use RS as a last resort since most of the stuff is 30 to 40% higher price.
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------

I`ve been reasonably happy with them too,but would never give them 100% unless comparing them only to Farnell. Like you I find RS expensive but,when a machine is down a few quid really doesn`t matter.If I`d ordered from RS to start with the machine would have been running last Friday instead of this Friday.
On Thu, 6 Aug 2009 03:01:56 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@ems-fife.co.uk"

We have a load of new surplus multicore screened stuff, what size and number of cores do you need? Will be in Edinburgh on Wednesday.....
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel http://www.stationary-engine.co.uk http://www.oldengine.co.uk

Thanks very much Peter. Story of my life,ordered from RS on Thursday,delivered Friday (Rapid please take note) and on Saturday I`m tripping over it. Now I have no excuse not to have the machine running for Monday. Mark.

i don't understand why you just cant pick it up from a local wholesaler ..
assuming your talking about SY cable
even in north wales we have about 6 of them within 15 miles were you can just go in tell them the length you need ..and a couple of Min's later pay for it... at about 1 a metre for the 1.5mm four core....about 1.80 a metre for the 4 core with neutral (5 core).
all the best.markj

Mark,first rule of junior management,never assume anything.We are not talking about SY cable.
Mark.
mark wrote:

And first rule of middle management: assume everything, junior management can sort out your mistakes :)