Prices on ebay... IDEA

I've just sent fordeight ebay seller an email telling him that i think . the prices of his Chinese multifix tool holder are too expensive .

and they should be =A325 not =A338 ...remeber these are Chinese ...and as Chinese things go they probably cost him less than a fiver each !!!

and I'm getting sick of seeing his over priced listings.

it occurred to me ...then

if everyone here was to do a similar thing with other ebay sellers, that sell things a bit too high ..

only on the buy it now things or high starting bid things

then we would have them...thru shear mental anguish of receiving dozens of complaints.... putting their prices down.

So if you see someone selling something that is overpriced ...dont be afraid to tell them ...

you have nothing to loose ...so why not .

and keep it up ...for anything you see on ebay that is over priced ....

All the best..mark

Reply to
mark

Just don't buy them if you think they're overpriced.

Reply to
Boo

As long as he sells enough to make the margin he requires, he won't bother changing prices. It is supply and demand at work IMO.

If it is too expensive it won't sell, if it sells then it must be in the ballpark for somebody to buy it.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Yeah yeah ...thats what I've been doing till now.

I'm getting peed off with these sellers

lets send a message to them ...that it is not on.

it costs nothing

if everyone were to do this ...

it may bring the prices down ...

they will either get sick of it and stop selling on ebay ...

or put the prices down ... or you have the satisfaction knowing your turning the winding key on their backs

especially people selling =A32000 junk horizontal mills.

them people, by listing machines at prices like that ...are keeping other machines ...high.

so all I'm asking is ... if you see something and think golly gosh thats high.

instead of ignoring that item

just automatically send them an email ...and tell them it is too high....As a matter of course.

all the best.mark

Reply to
mark

Fordeight is a company.Rotagrip, I think they are called.But I don`t really see the point of this thread.A seller can ask what he likes for his item,if you think it`s expensive you don`t bid.As for thinking a few emails to sellers will change the face of Ebay all I can think is that you must be on a different planet to the rest of us.Did I say I can`t see the point of this thread. Mark.

Reply to
mark

I have no objection to people asking whatever they want for their goods as long as they don,t object to my not purchasing.

For the record "Fordeight" is Rotagrip.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Like I said it is an IDEA

Petitions are ideas .in the same light..people still make them out.

This is a free world, I'm not on another planet .. I'm trying to make a point ... are you one of ebayers who practise what Ive stated.? then i would expect you, not to go along with this idea.

I'm all for people putting stuff on ebay ..listing it at a reasonable starting price ...and getting a high price for that item but some ebayers by listing high week after week sending the other items up high as people compare . I dont like this.

This is just shear greed.

Even if everyone doesnt agree with this ...there are still some who read here that will . and i can say what i like ...

Is there anyone that supports this idea ...please come out ... All the best.mark

Reply to
mark

Mark, I think you are starting off with a misconception on what sells and what people are looking for. We would all like to see cheaper goods of most kinds, but what you are trying to do flies in the face of how places like ebay work.

I'm not 'against' you, just think your idea is a non-starter.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Do you think I should send an email to the seller who is currently trying to sell 1N4148 diodes for 99p each + £2.99 P&P?

He doesn't seem to have sold any at that price.

Reply to
tsest(1)

Fair comment .. I've got my message across to a few readers here .. and hopefully they will take note or maybe carry out the idea ... I didn't want to argue about it .

like i said on the top line ...IDEA ...wasnt an order .

I myself genuinely believe, if said sellers got messages sent to them, that their prices were too high . then "some" would listen . and when I find a buyer that I believe is charging too much for something, that I'm searching for ...I will email them and tell them.

they piss me off ..so they deserve it.

I'm fighting this case on my own so far by the looks of things.

btw..

Hey... John Stevenson .(always has reasonable prices on ebay)..if you're out there ....cant you have a batch of these multifix tool holders made up for LESS than =A320 ...by the Chinese. to a very good standard... hardened etc....import them etc been seeing that you have been making roads that way in the last few months. how about it ... I want 10

all the best...mark

Reply to
mark

You'd be surprised how many wouldn't buy 200pces at £3.00 + £2.00 Recorded delivery postage.

Want a few thousand? :-))

(Actually 1SS133 Rohm Fast switching Diodes)

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Having sold many items of machinery, often at low and bargain prices, and having bought many items of machinery and tooling, I think the emailing a complaint idea is a non starter. An item is worth whatever a person wants to pay for it, and how much urgency there is to have the item. I refuse to buy cutters from the seller who charges £15 postage for an 8mm slot drill, and I bet I'm not alone, so pointless emailing the seller, vote with your feet, as they say Bob

Reply to
Emimec

spelt out ....

There are ebay sellers selling machines and tools week after week at grossly inflated prices .

when you bid on something ...you are bidding up against someone who has seen these prices and basing their max bid on those prices . if they are there week after week selling stuff at them prices ...then the general trend will be for the prices to go almost up to what the greedy ones are charging ..eventually or sooner

now bidders can only search back to a max of two weeks ...to see what stuff sold for in the past.

it used to be months ...

so they base their bid prices on stuff thats is already on there at high prices ...

so it will eventually get like this ...

A the guy who sees an adcock and shipley horizontal mill at =A33000 thinks he's getting it cheap at =A31000...... This dealers listing stuff week after week at high prices started in the USA ...and now it is here.

ah well Ive tried and tried ...with people to put this point of view across in another forum...and I'm loosing big time .

perhaps i should just give up .

I'm only trying to help people see the future of ebay .

these ebay prices will eventually work their way into other markets .=2E.like Johns Stevenson's site ...with sellers their basing prices on ebay research .

all the best.mark

Reply to
mark

Couldn't agree more.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Its an idea, Jim, but not as we know it...

Yep...and they are a waste of time too.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree