Bringing wet machinery indoors

My air compressor has been outside for sometime. It's mostly covered but in this really wet and windy weather, it has got a bit damp as you'd expect.

I'm planning on bringing it in to the garage, but I don't want it to suddenly start rusting heavily. Should I try and heat the garage, or remove the weather strip from the bottom of the door so there is more airflow?

Reply to
Robin

Assuming that the electrics are dry enough to be safe, I'd be tempted to use a fine blow gun to blow off as much moisture as possible while still outside then give it a squirt of WD40 or other water dispellant followed by a wipe down with an oily rag.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

If you've got a dehumidifier, then use that. If not, then blow down the tank when outside, then power it up when inside. The heat it generates when filling the tank may well dry it off sufficiently. Lather, rinse and repeat.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

On or around 11 Jan 2007 02:34:53 -0800, "Robin" enlightened us thusly:

the workshop here has more than enough airflow, and the bloody machines are covered in condensation anyway. It isn't heated, mind, and it does need a new roof, but the leaks in the roof are not where the machines are.

Reply to
Austin Shackles