Propane Connectors

I've had a Sievert propane torch for years running off a 13Kg propane cylinder. Small enough to move around, hefty enough for real heat. I've now acquired a propane jetted Flamefast ceramic chip forge and ideally would like the two pieces of kit to be able to use the same bottle - but they won't be using the same bottle at the same time. I don't want to tie the bottle to a fixed location so ideally would like some easily detachable coupling for the hose. Does anyone make such couplings or will have have to wield spanners every time I want to change from Sievert torch to Famefast forge?

Thanks

Charles

Reply to
Charles

Do a search on "quick action propane connector", various people do them such as Bullfinch. I know some people that have them locally for oxygen and propane but they're not cheap. They got them from a local welding supplier which would be a good place to ask. The look very much like an quick connect air fitting but suitable for the appropriate gas.

Reply to
David Billington

a cheaper and possibly more practical solution might be to go to your local household waste recycling centre and buy yourself an empty propane bottle - round our way the going rate is £3 - £5 for a cylinder depending on size and whether or not it has anything in it. If you are near a fairly big hwrc you may lucky enough to spot one with an appropriate regulator still attached.

Just be sure to get one that you can get exchanged locally.

regards

Dudley

Reply to
Dudley Simons

I think this is what you want

they don't seem to list the male part separately which is odd, as ideally you would want to connect the female to your regulator and fit a male piece to each appliance hose.

Reply to
pcb1962

Thanks folks. Getting the search right made a huge difference - before I kept coming up with natural gas connectors. Ebay, as ever, comes up with the goods providing a coupling for =A37.99

Charles

Reply to
Charles

Propane bottle,

initial cost may be eyewatering but you recover it at £20 everytime you

refill. Of course, it helps if you are using that much gas!

Reply to
rsss