Flamefast Help

I've just picked up a Flamefast DS220 brazing hearth/forge. It's very similar to this:

It's currently set up for natural gas and I want to use it on propane. Aside from calling Flamefast and paying them a small fortune does anyone have experience of changing this sort of kit over to propane? What is actually involved. It has the standard RF80 torch.

Thanks

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Don't have experience with that kit, but work on the assumption of making a new jet with about half the bore of the original to convert to propane at the same pressure. Probably better to stat at 1/4 the bore and experiment with the gas pressure to start with, you can always open the bore out later.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Thanks Mark That's a good direction. Anyone with a propane RF80 torch care to measure the jet diameter? Then I can just copy and note the ratio.

Regards

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

I'll have a look at mine later (I think it's the same torch), though I'm not sure how accessible the jet is. Presume you've asked Flamefast the question? I called on them to get some ceramic chips, they were friendly enough.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

Tim

I've spoken to them and they tell me that the whole torch must be replaced. Sounds rather odd to me. The jet for the forge is at least replaceable but the service engineer that I spoke to didn't know costs.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping