Flamefast cm 250

Does any one know what size of jet a flamefast cubicle furnace would have to run on propane the one I,ve brought has a natural gas set-up it will run on propane but if I could make a replacement jet it would properly be more efficient its not forced air if that makes a differance

Thanks Andrew Bishop

Reply to
Andrew Bishop

Have you asked this lot?

mark

Andrew

They're fiddly little buggers to make when a new one costs about 20 quid

Charles

Reply to
Charles

Andrew

They're fiddly little buggers to make when a new one costs about 20 quid

Charles

Reply to
Charles

You can say that again,I said,you can say that again.:-)

Mark.

Reply to
mark

Pardon me?

Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards

Why?

Reply to
mark

I did'nt quite catch what you said Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards

Eh?

Reply to
1501

Thanks for the info I'll think I will buy one

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Bishop

Hi Andrew (or anyone else with a flamefast250PB. My son (a sculptor experienced in hot metals/casting) has just bought one s econd hand and I am trying to find a manual for it. I would also like to kn ow where to get a gas jet for propane or butane. I see it has an electrical connection too. Is that simply to ignite the gas or does the electric run a fan or something else? If you do have a manual could you scan and send it to me please? Thanks very much, David Thomas

Reply to
sibbering10

A/ I never managed to get a manual for mine B/ Although the jet 'should' be changed I've successfully run mine on both town gas and propane by adjusting the propane regulator pressure C/ The blower is obviously electric, and there are (two I think) gas solenoid valves that are electrical. D/ The way it works is counter intuitive as the gas is sourced via a demand valve and venturi arrangement whereby the blowing air sucks gas from the zero pressure demand valve E/ I've not fired mine up for a year or two F/ Bits were available from the makers when I set mine up but that must be

15-18 years ago ! G/ Original post (from Andrew Bishop) was back in 2009 !!!!

Andrew Mawson

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Have you tried asking Flamefast? Their contact details are: Telephone 01925 281230 Fax 01925 852785 Email snipped-for-privacy@flamefast.co.uk Website

Address Unit 1, Heaton Court, Birchwood, Warrington, Cheshire, WA3 6QU

Alan

Reply to
Alan Dawes