Proxxon MF70

I am considering purchase of the Proxxon MF70 milling machine. The low price indicates it is probably of far Eastern manufacture so I am suspicious of its quality, but would welcome any comments from anybody who has used one. Am I being too optimistic in hoping it is not not just a Sieg with a green paint job?

Cliff Coggin.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

I don't own one, but I investigated it at one point. It's not the same as a ny Sieg model I'm aware of - the MF70 is a bit like a captive Dremel with a n aluminium cross table, not really the same thing as a model engineer's al l-cast-iron mill.

At least some Proxxon tools are made in Europe. The MF70 is the only one I would characterise as "cheap" and that's because of its very light construc tion - the Proxxon mill that's about the size of a Sieg X1 costs much more but appears to be rather better. (I've only had a very cursory look at that one)

Reply to
lesterhawksby

I don't own one, but I investigated it at one point. It's not the same as any Sieg model I'm aware of - the MF70 is a bit like a captive Dremel with an aluminium cross table, not really the same thing as a model engineer's all-cast-iron mill.

At least some Proxxon tools are made in Europe. The MF70 is the only one I would characterise as "cheap" and that's because of its very light construction - the Proxxon mill that's about the size of a Sieg X1 costs much more but appears to be rather better. (I've only had a very cursory look at that one)

Thanks Lester. Your comments have helped me decide not to buy, at least until I get the chance to test it for myself.

Cliff.