Questions about Holbrook model C No10 lathe

I'm about to become the proud owner of a Holbrook modC No10 lathe. I've already got a Chipmaster and I can't keep both so one will have to go, my
inclination is to keep the Chippie. Any comments?
I need to move the Holbrook in a few weeks time but I can't find an obvious lifting point. - How do I lift it? - strap around the bed bracing? - Does anyone know what it weighs? - I'd guess at about 3/4 ton.
It seems to have a camlock chuck mount, does anyone know if it's the same as a Chipmaster?
I haven't looked in detail yet but I believe it has a collet chuck, is this likely to be useable with/without mods, in a Chipmaster?
Dave S

obvious
as
this
I hope the deafening silence doesn't mean I've offended people in some way... Surely someone knows or has an opinion about Holbrooks ...
Dave S
Dave
The best place to ask this question is probably the Yahoo group devoted to Holbrook lathes
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/holbrooklathes /
Aside from Yahoo and their bloody ads it's a good group.
Charles

Thanks Charles, I didn't know such a group existed.
Dave S

Yes, and I am reasonably happy with it, but it is a 'B' ....
--
Mike Hopkins
Swim? Naturally with MADNAT <http://www.madnat.org/

Don't expect any rational response when you reply to five year old threads :-|
Mark Rand RTFM
On Tue, 19 May 2009 12:20:38 +0100, Mark Rand

...and what makes you think the age of the thread should make any difference?? ;-
Regards, Tony