Shuns,etc. - returning this NG to sanity.

One advantage of the proposed shun is that the group of prominent infantile attention seekers (in the main, Stevenson, Blackmore, Jeffery, Heapy, Nellwood & Howard) will, perhaps, now behave in a more mature manner befitting a public discussion forum, a forum to which young people may be attracted?

Their collective behaviour in recent months has been shameful and perhaps has been responsible for putting off recruits to model engineering?

Resorting to infantile tirades and also threats of violence is an entirely inappropriate way of expressing disagreement with others' viewpoints.

Indeed, when that public expression of an inner infantility has arisen because of pig-ignorance about the configuration of PC's driving steeper motors, perhaps a straightforward retraction and apology would be more appropriate than the astounding display of temper tantrums that came from Stevenson originally?

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Hey, Bean!!! you cretinous lump of smeg, please add me to your list, as I too am feeling very infantile, and would happily bop you with something heavy if get within arms length. This is an engineering group, and I would appreciate it to stay that way.

Joules (seething quietly, almost)

Reply to
Joules

It has always been an engineering group from my contributions - check them and you'll see the truth of that.

It would not be an engineering group if the rather silly and childish comments that you interject below held sway.

Grow up.

Stupid boy.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

The idea of a 'shun' is that you don't reply. At all. In any way. Even if you're 'seething'. Have a beer, chill out, watch the film 'the Longest Day'. HTH.

Reply to
Binary Era

The idea of a 'shun' is that you don't reply. At all. In any way. Even if you're 'seething'. Have a beer, chill out, watch the film 'the Longest Day', or one that shows how the Germans started WWII.

Get Newsblock installed and running, it seems highly effective. HTH.

Reply to
Binary Era