Is there any way to reclaim this ng??

Ideas?? It has gotten to the point that these spam posts have made the ng
unusable. Thanks spam *^*&(^ks! Can a killfile sort this out maybe?
Andrew.
Reply to
AWN
Maybe we should start prepending SEJW to the subject?
Ignoramus3921
That's a good idea. It would be nice to win the war but it looks like we have to live around and through it.
Thanks, Andrew.
On 1/2/08 12:53 PM, in article 4-SdnRREJJsVUubanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com, "Ignoramus3921" wrote:
Reply to
AWN
I think that if we all use SEJW prefix, we will effectively have won.
Ignoramus3921
I spent some time copying the offending messages to the various I.P.'s through which they were posted with a message stating the group was being spammed/sporged. The result was a few automated espouses stating that they had received my message. However, except in the case of a "rr.com" the posters generally move from I.P. to I.P. so even if the I.P. does install some sort of filter the posters have just moved on. The one I.P. "rr.com" doesn't seem to have been used recently by the spammers so perhaps a little good was done - but not much.
As Iggy says, the use of some sort of code in the subject line seems to be the only solution.
Bruce-in-Bangkok (Note:remove underscores from address for reply)
Reply to
Bruce in Bangkok
Well thank you everyone for your best efforts. I don't come here often but when I do I find this NG to be a tremendous asset.
John Roncallo
Bruce > >
Reply to
John Roncallo
Thanks! I switched to that other ng and all is well.
:)
Andrew.
Reply to
AWN
I agree with the prefix - use it in several groups that just send e-mail. The only issue is when they take that on as well. Where is the torch when we need it :-) Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

Bruce > >
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn
I tried using aioe.cjb.net for a news account as suggested by DJ. Filters all that crap out. Been checking both servers, so far it hasn't filtered any real messages.
Great tip,
Al
Reply to
Big Al