Returning to the hobby...

Hi all, after a long break from the hobby (the usual reasons-family grown up etc), I would like to get back into making model aircraft kits. I was never what you would call a skilled modeller back then, I just threw them together (shame!)...this time round though I would like to make a decent job of any kits I tackle, to that end does anyone know of any good websites out there that deal with the basics of kit building/painting etc?? Thanks in advance billy

Reply to
mainman

Try this site, Billy:

Good luck with your modelling.

John

Reply to
john

Many thanks for the speedy reply John, great site-just the job!

billy

Reply to
mainman

I think that wth the huge number of kits now available you should be able to find just about anything that you want, at least n 1/72 scale. To date there have been 15,242 kits and models produced in 1/72 scale. Currently the largest number come from Eastern Europe with tons of after-market detailing sets out there to make detailing easier.

Welcome back. You couldn't have picked a better time.

Tom

ma> >

Reply to
maiesm72

" snipped-for-privacy@netscape.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Tom, Your obsession is showing.... (c:

Rob ps - how's the TSR2 coming along??

Reply to
AussieRob

Yeah!! Like he is the only one here with OCD??? :-)

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Yeah!! Like he is the only one here with OCD??? :-)

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

its not a shame to throw a kit together. I always built for myself...its more fun that way. at least to me. I have more than enough baggage with family then to worry about building anything perfect.... whatever that is.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Take a look at this group's FAQ as well:

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Hi Rob

It's in the to do stack awaiting after market stuff.

Major parts are off the sprues. I'm going to tape everything together just to check fit.

OCD? Damn straight! I'm in good company here. :-)

Tom

AussieRob wrote:

Reply to
maiesm72

I certainly have it... as you lot have pointed out! :-D

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

These are worthwhile, too, IMHO... (I have no association with any of these sites, etc, etc...)

's.htm
And some other forums:

Aircraft Resource Center:

Aussie Modeler International:
Hyperscale:
Modelling Madness:
Each forum seems to have it's own personality (personalities?), so you can pick and choose which one(s) to bother with. All of the above sites & forums are in my favorites and get a look from me almost daily.

HTH

Reply to
Don McIntyre