Question about the prewar Frog kits

If I'm reading right the first line of Frog Penguins were built right up to the US entry into the war in '41. After that it seems they helped with producing aircraft
recognition models. What I wanted to know is this, if someone were fortunate enough to come across one of these kits in oh say, 1945, which planes might he be building? What did they issue before the war? I don't need the whole catalog (that'd be cool though) just a couple of them ID'd for an idea I'm kicking around. Anybody other than Frog release plastic kits just before/during the war?
Money's kind of tight right now or I'd pony up for the Frog History book I found at Amazon and answer the question myself.
Thanks for any help.
WmB
Wm
You would be well served to get the Frog book. It's pretty much an "industrial history" type of book covering virtually everything that the ever produced from toys to models. The hundreds of photos of kits, box art, etc. make it worth its weight in gold.
The first FROG kits were flying models (Flys Right Off the Ground). Their first display models were called Frog Penguin kits because, like the Penguin, they were flightless birds. Along with lots of aircraft they also produced buildings, figures, etc. to go along with them.
During the war they produced wooden ID models and an unusual line of model aircraft made from the book binding material buckram.
The main claim to lasting fame was Frog's choice of a single scale for almost all of their aircraft models. That's how 1/72 scale came to us.
The original plastic used in Frog Penguin kits is reaching the end of its life and what few are left tend to suffer from warpage. They still go for well over $100 in almost any condition.
Let me know if you want more info, I love Frog's products. Several of the original Frog Penguin kits subjects have never been repeated by another firm since then.
Tom
WmB wrote:

Hawker Fury, demon, Hart, Hind, Hurricane, Osprey, Tempest, Typhoon and HP Hampden but there are many more. I remembered the Fury but checked Tom's ESM 72 Vol.1 for the rest. Anyone interested in 1/72 kits really should get hold of these volumes. Tom and Lynne have done a fabulous job of charting all the kits in my (and many other's) favourite scale. No financial interest, etc.
Bill Banaszak, MFE

Thank you sir. As it turns out I'm a 48er when I build. I just realized that I have a non-modelling project in the works that I can stick a 1945 era model builder into. From what I can gather my best shot of working this in will be to specify one of these Frog Penguins. Either that or make him a balsa R/C guy.
Right now I'm leaning towards the Hurricane unless someone wants to suggest a personal favorite and argue it merits. ;-)
Thanks again Bill.
WmB