Any news about where the next IPMS/USA nats will be held?

or other great new releases at the show? Man, I hate missing it. Way too late in the summer. School starts next week here. yech.

Reply to
e303s3006

Anahiem, Ca

Reply to
n329df

What's the date?

T.B.

Reply to
TB

Next year's IPMS/USA Nationals will be held at the Anaheim Marriott Hotel from Wednesday 22 August 2007 through Saturday 25 August 2007. Now that the 2006 Nationals are over, expect information on the 2007 show to be posted soon at

dtokamura

And 2008 will be Virginia Beach!

--- Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

Stephen,

Great to see you again last week at the show!

I for one am dissapointed in the news that Virginia Beech got it again. They just had it what two years ago? I went to the first one and it was fun but not one of the best I have attended. I too would have preferred Orlando again for this one. Was there in 95? and it was a great show. The one in Annaheim I'll have to miss too. My kids are already in school at that late date! I guess it was the only date they could get but seems to me to be the cause that many will miss it due to school. My son came along this year and we were planning on next year till we saw the date. Oh, well...

Mike West/Lone Star Models

Reply to
Mike West

Sure was, Mike!

Well Virginia Beach had it in 2002, so it'll be 6 years before the 2008 one. Orlando had it in 1999, not in 1995. I was hoping that Columbus would have bid on it... they were in 1997, and that was one of my favorite shows of all time.

I haven't been to Orlando, but I hear the hotels are cheap and the 1999 guys were able to see a shuttle launch. I love Virginia Beach though; NAS Norfolk is right there.

Anyhow Mike, it'll be great.. I'm gearing up for 2008 in Anaheim though! There'll be a strong Seattle contingent there, I think.

--- Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

Steve and Mike:

Your numbers are right and the fact is that Orlando (1999) or Va Beach (2002) would have both done great conventions. Orlando was maybe a little more expensive at $129 per room but it was a suite (same site as last time which was beautiful) but I sat through both bids and they were great. Vote was as close as it gets - one vote to award it to Va beach. Hope this doens't deter Orlando from bidding again.

As for Columbus- they are the middle and will have a chance for the

2009 convention if they as to bid next year. Indy would be good also.

Dave

Reply to
dmorrissette

It would be a safe bet that people flying in would tell it is a whole lot cheaper to get to Orlando than Virginia Beach. I go to Orlando once a year from Colorado for trade shows and I find the flights, hotels, and meals to be very reasonable (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

And they know how to throw a banquet, too!

Reply to
e303s3006