Sanding Disc Adhesive

Some years ago I was given some adhesive to attach sanding discs to the aluminium face plate of my linisher. It was a water based adhesive, pink whilst wet but drying to a deep red colour. It had to be applied to sanding disc and face plate, allowed to dry and was then a contact adhesive. The sanding discs always stayed in place during the heaviest use, but could easily be peeled off without ripping. Any surplus glue remaining on the face plate could be rubbed off by finger. I believe it might have been made by a company called Bones in the Birmingham area. Is anyone familiar with a product like this? What is its proper name andwhere can it be obtained?

Reply to
Dick Gays

That sounds like a latex contact adhesive. It or somthing similar is likely to be found at a home repair store, as it is commonly used to secure laminate countertop materials in place, as well as to install some types of insulation.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Copydex?

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

In message , Mark Rand writes

I suspect that 'Copydex' residues might not be very easy to remove, my first choice would be 'Cow Gum' (get it from an artists' supplier).

Reply to
Mike H

I got something very like that (though not those colours) from Tilgear a few years ago, though I don't think it was in their catalogue - I just picked it up at the store.

I don't think they have a web site, but the phone is 01707 873434.

Reply to
Norman Billingham