Silver plating

From what I've seen of pitot pumps (Rotor-Jet) I'd be surprised if you didn't have trouble achieving scale performance.

As for the silver plating, I'd wait until you got a pump that performed before worrying about some possible perceived problem.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Have you considered a Tesla turbine at all? Its kinda the same only the casing is stationary with the impeller (a simple set of disks) spins. Both designs rely on surface friction and i would not know what kind of efficiency you would get with a Pitot design. The army did a study on the Tesla design for small turbines (aka about the same size) and got a efficiency in the 20% region. plenty good enough for a fun rocket!.

Greg

Reply to
bob

fast-moving

almost

proximity to

rotating seal

nozzle

second pump,

Reply to
dbohara

Reposted,

To the moderator, this posting seems to be missing from the latest batch, please include it in the next.

Craig F> >

Reply to
Craig Fink