Splined Couplings

I'm still pursuing this daft idea of the electro-hydraulic tram!

I have now acquired a more powerful gear pump that gives me flow rates coming out of my ears, the mounting holes are the same (gear pump/ electric motor) but the splined coupling isn't. In fact the splined coupling isn't the same as any I've tracked down!

In essence it has 24 teeth on the outside (most "modern ones" have 23!) it is 20mm long and has an overall diameter of 28mm (across the teeth).

The reason I con't use this one is that the tapered hole in the centre is too small for the new pump. Ideally I would like to get a new splined coupler, alternatively could somebody re-manufacture this one (the problem is, would it be hardened?)

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

Have you tried

Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Hello John,

Tried them, very friendly and prompt, but what I have is "non standard". It was described as "serrated" not splined.

So, anybody care to take on a small taper turning job? I would like the original two "serrated" adaptors machined out to take the larger taper on my new pumps (and there is a keyway as well).

I accept that there will probably be less metal on the adpator than preferable, but I am prepared to take that risk as the usage/loading won't be that great.

Prepared to pay a fair price for the job.

No rush either (I've got two other locomotives to finish before I start on this one!)

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter