Boxford Paint - Help

I've recently acquired a 1978 Boxford BUD Lathe in good condition, although the paintwork is a bit shabby; its the two tone model in grey and brown.

Can anyone recommend a supplier of paint for this model, same as used in the original manufacture ?

Boxford told me they no longer stock it and they advise people to colour match with a chart. So, anyone know a good match colour code and paint type before I start searching the shelves of the local paint shop with the tailstock under my arm ?

Thanks Pete

Reply to
pete

It's probably a stoving enamel from the BS381C series, and you can get air-drying enamels from most decent paint mixers.

As to specific colours, I'll look on my colour chart at work in the morning.

Industry used BS381C and BS4800 mainly, with the RAL colours being used more in the past 20 years or so.

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes