Steam Engines & Boilers...HELP!!!

Genttlemen

I'm helping a friend sell some of her dads (He Passed away) Stea Engines and Boilers. I'm an airplane guy, Please don't hold that agans me, Her dad had some really nice boats. The boys got those to remembe grandpa by. The family does not know anything about these. Could yo please tell me what I have?

Thank You Gen

+------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: 1 cyl blk head.jpg |Download:
mtnmnstr

In message , mtnmnstr writes

Almost certainly these are model boat power units, so it looks to me as if this one is for a boat and ship modelling group or even, if there is one, your local boat modelling club. But either way some indications of sizes would be useful. I note that a couple of the boilers have pressure gauges, the range of the scales of these would also be useful. Do any of them have a red line marked on the scale?

Reply to
Mike H

Pictures 10 and 10A are of a Stuart boiler, s500, 501 or 504.

Take a look at

there are pictures of Stuart models, maybe some of your engines will be identifiable from their pictures. =20

Valuation: sometimes they appear on ebay and the bidding *may* give you an idea.

--=20 cerberus

Reply to
do.not.waste.your.time.emailin

Looks like a Stuart 10V.

Reply to
sherwood

View this thread:

Dick Ganderton

I agree with you. Boating is more appropriate place for them, But believe the engnineering community has more knowledge. And yes I thin they are all marine engines.

Gen

-- mtnmnst

----------------------------------------------------------------------- mtnmnstr's Profile:

this thread:

mtnmnstr

Pic1 and Pic 2 are the same engine.

Thank you all for the help. Gen

-- mtnmnst

----------------------------------------------------------------------- mtnmnstr's Profile:

this thread:

mtnmnstr

In message , mtnmnstr wrote

Pics 1 & 2 are a marine Stuart 10V Pics 3 & 3A appear to be their twin cylinder oscillating engine. Pics 10 & 10A are a Stuart boiler suitable for the 10V. Pic 12 looks like the Stuart twin boiler.

I don't recognise anything else.

It would help if you included a ruler or object of recognisable size in each picture (such as a coin) to give us a clue to scale.

Have a look at

note some of the stuff in development used to be available from them IIRC, they don't seem to do boilers now though.

Reply to
Roger Smith