T Nuts

Gentlemen,

As a service\installation engineer I sometimes have build very large washing machines in an unfinished building, being one to see if I can adapt things for other uses I have recently found METASTRUT nuts make excellent T nuts. All you need to do is remove the attached spring and sometimes shorten but they come with a M12 or M6 thread already in the middle and work a treat.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Gentlemen,

Make that word METSTRUT I need new specs :-))

campingstoveman

:-

Is it similar to unistrut? Pete

Reply to
pete

Reply to
campingstoveman

So, I use Unistrut / Metastrut virtually every day; why is it I never thought of the 'zebedees' for T nuts????

Just been searching for some T nuts for my Denford Viceroy. No satisfactory [by that I mean CHEAP!!!!] solution. Just been out to the Van and lo and behold I have a 100 at least of every size! How stupid do I feel??

Info...they actually make them in 6mm 8mm 10mm 12mm threads. Also available without the springs,known as 'Bare channel nuts'

Many thanks for the info

Reply to
grumpyat

The problem is that sometimes the obvious stares you in the face without you seeing it especially when you work with stuff everyday :-))

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Hi, To the uninitiated would be kind enough to explain what these metastut nuts are and where can you buy them.

Reply to
Richard Bradshaw

Unistrut and Metastrut are a kind of universal mounting rail system, used by contractors for almost anything that needs suspending or mounting.

Available from most good electrical wholesalers.

The nuts that Martin mentioned are the ones that slide inside the rail and that you bolt onto.

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Prepair Ltd