T Nuts

Gentlemen,
As a service\installation engineer I sometimes have build very large washing machines in an unfinished building, being one to see if I can adapt things
for other uses I have recently found METASTRUT nuts make excellent T nuts. All you need to do is remove the attached spring and sometimes shorten but they come with a M12 or M6 thread already in the middle and work a treat.
Martin P
--
snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com

Semper in Excrementem Altitudo Solus Varius
Gentlemen,
Make that word METSTRUT I need new specs :-))
Martin P

http://internalfire.com/modules.php?set_albumName mpingstoveman&op=modload&name=PubGallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Is it similar to unistrut? Pete
yes

So, I use Unistrut / Metastrut virtually every day; why is it I never thought of the 'zebedees' for T nuts????
Just been searching for some T nuts for my Denford Viceroy. No satisfactory [by that I mean CHEAP!!!!] solution. Just been out to the Van and lo and behold I have a 100 at least of every size! How stupid do I feel??
Info...they actually make them in 6mm 8mm 10mm 12mm threads. Also available without the springs,known as 'Bare channel nuts'
Many thanks for the info
The problem is that sometimes the obvious stares you in the face without you seeing it especially when you work with stuff everyday :-))
Martin P

Hi, To the uninitiated would be kind enough to explain what these metastut nuts are and where can you buy them.
On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 11:08:39 GMT, "Richard Bradshaw"

Unistrut and Metastrut are a kind of universal mounting rail system, used by contractors for almost anything that needs suspending or mounting.
Available from most good electrical wholesalers.
The nuts that Martin mentioned are the ones that slide inside the rail and that you bolt onto.
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.eu