Thin spanners

Someone was looking for a source of thin spanners the other day. Rambling around the web I found a source:

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Afacs there's no 7/8" af version there but thanks anyway,

Reply to
Boo

In article , Andrew Mawson writes

The quick and dirty version is to grind it to the dimensions that allow access to the job. Cut it half too if there is a problem; most cheap ones are too long for the excess torque thing anyway.

It is frequently done in aircraft maintenance! Spanners are cheap!

John

Reply to
JC Morrice

Well I don't know where you get them from but they're around a tenner a throw at my local beanqueue :-)

Reply to
Boo

you don't really shop at the orange place for stuff like spanners?=20

*agahst*

Get thee down tha local market! A decent set of (metric) spanners cost=20 me =A37 - I mean good enough to carry on the bike, but not expensive=20 enough to be fussed about loosing them. Got a set of the same for=20 work. Made by Yamoto, Cromwell sell the exact same set for =A330!

My local market's tool stall has a huuge selection of spanners that=20 are cheeper than cheep. Or Cromwell

, no=20 affilitation etc) will sell you a 7/8th AF for about =A34, which is not=20 enough to worry about.

Go down car boot sales & local dingy charity shoppes. Put an advert in=20 the friday free ads or regional free paper "Wanted old imperial sized=20 spanners" - you'll be drowning in them.

Zed

e around a tenner a throw at

Reply to
zedbert

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

Aldi & Lidl are prolly even cheaper. Come up from time to time. Not bad too for a cheapo set of about 8 for £2.99.

Had decent tin snips too. Left hand, right hand and centre. Seem as good as my old Gilbows)

John

Reply to
JC Morrice