Things that keep you out of the workshop

Oi - it's East Sussex actually !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

So, when you were living in London it was Kent and now you're living in Kent it's East Sussex.

Is the workshop bending spacetime in the locality?

:-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Its the localised concentration of cast iron that does it. I believe there is a similar phenomenon over long eaton, and near warrington....

Dave

Reply to
small.planes

Apparently aircraft coming in to land at East Midlands International now have to take another approach path because something is affecting the compass's ????????????

John S.

Reply to
John S

Must be that new magnetic chuck...

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

WAS is the key word there. Bromley WAS in Kent but got absorbed by London. The official definition of a Kentish Men is those north and west of the Medway. Now it's easier to say the you can tell then by the fact that they are not sure whether they are Londoners or not.

Henry

Reply to
Dragon

living in

Depends on your terms of reference: Bromley is a London Borough, so administrativrly it's part of the Metrolops, but it's postal address is Kent - ie BR postcodes and not SE postcodes

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Same here, Enfield is in North London, but really its Enfield, Middlesex, its also the London borough of Enfield. !!! Bob

Reply to
Emimec

The Post Office has a mind of its own. Wasn't Middlesex 'abolished' years ago?

Henry

Reply to
Dragon

I dont think so, Google still shows the address of Heathrow Airport as Hounslow, Middlesex. If Middx was abolished, could explain all the planes over my roof !!! Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Your'e right, another google says exactly as you mention Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Officially Middx was absorbed into GLC a good many years ago but Postal addresses were retained. London was originally part of Middx. but has grown and grown.....

Reply to
Neil