Tobacco tins

Like many old codgers I use 2 ounce tobacco tins for the storage of small parts, drill bits, screws etc. because they are robust, a handy size, and the lids clip on easily. In fact I like them so much I have found a source of new tins, but I would also like some similar tins about 50% larger. Does anybody know where to get them, or if they even exist?

Cliff Coggin Kent England

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

Greetings Cliff, Your request made me curious to see what's available online. I found all sorts of tins in the USA and then did a search for tin in the UK and found the link below by searching for "metal tins in the UK".

They have all kinds of stuff and I think they sell retail. Cheers, Eric Whidbey Island, USA

Reply to
etpm

Greetings Cliff, Your request made me curious to see what's available online. I found all sorts of tins in the USA and then did a search for tin in the UK and found the link below by searching for "metal tins in the UK".

They have all kinds of stuff and I think they sell retail. Cheers, Eric Whidbey Island, USA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks Eric. I had found found Tinware, but was hoping there might be other sources I had not discovered.

Cliff Coggin Kent England

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards

I have graduated from tobacco tins (mainly because I stopped smoking

31 years ago) to the screw-top jars in which high-class jam and marmalade is sold.
Reply to
gareth

Richard

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Indeed that is why looking elsewhere.

Cliff.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

What's wrong with plastic boxes? They are readily available, very cheap, come in many sizes, airtight and you can see what is inside.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Dawes

+1 -

except you only get four out of five of readily available, very cheap, come in many sizes, airtight and you can see what is inside. The readily available cheap ones are not airtight ..

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Even cheaper are the Chinese / Indian takeaway boxes, but you need to keep them away from direct sunlight.

Reply to
gareth

No matter how cheap, they are still more expensive than a discarded jamjar which is already in your possession :-)

Reply to
gareth

I've used quite a few of these but there's a limit to the number of chinese takeaways one can consume!! Has anyone found a source that doesn't involve a sauce, if you see what I mean ;-)

Reply to
no_spam

I bought from Ambican Ltd, look under microwaveable containers.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Parker