Tobacco tins

Like many old codgers I use 2 ounce tobacco tins for the storage of small parts, drill bits, screws etc. because they are robust, a handy size, and
the lids clip on easily. In fact I like them so much I have found a source of new tins, but I would also like some similar tins about 50% larger. Does anybody know where to get them, or if they even exist?
Cliff Coggin Kent England
On Mon, 29 Sep 2014 10:45:05 +0100, "Cliff Coggin"

Greetings Cliff, Your request made me curious to see what's available online. I found all sorts of tins in the USA and then did a search for tin in the UK and found the link below by searching for "metal tins in the UK". http://www.tinwaredirect.com/c/8375_11624/Stock-Tins/Oblong-Tins.html They have all kinds of stuff and I think they sell retail. Cheers, Eric Whidbey Island, USA
wrote in message wrote: >Like many old codgers I use 2 ounce tobacco tins for the storage of small

Greetings Cliff, Your request made me curious to see what's available online. I found all sorts of tins in the USA and then did a search for tin in the UK and found the link below by searching for "metal tins in the UK". http://www.tinwaredirect.com/c/8375_11624/Stock-Tins/Oblong-Tins.html They have all kinds of stuff and I think they sell retail. Cheers, Eric Whidbey Island, USA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks Eric. I had found found Tinware, but was hoping there might be other sources I had not discovered.
Cliff Coggin Kent England
On 30/09/2014 08:36, Cliff Coggin wrote:

Richard
"Richard Edwards" wrote in message wrote:

Richard
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Indeed that is why looking elsewhere.
Cliff.

I have graduated from tobacco tins (mainly because I stopped smoking 31 years ago) to the screw-top jars in which high-class jam and marmalade is sold.

What's wrong with plastic boxes? They are readily available, very cheap, come in many sizes, airtight and you can see what is inside.
Alan
--
snipped-for-privacy@argonet.co.uk
snipped-for-privacy@riscos.org
On 07/10/14 11:44, Alan Dawes wrote:

+1 -
except you only get four out of five of readily available, very cheap, come in many sizes, airtight and you can see what is inside. The readily available cheap ones are not airtight ..

Even cheaper are the Chinese / Indian takeaway boxes, but you need to keep them away from direct sunlight.
On 07/10/2014 16:22, gareth wrote:

I've used quite a few of these but there's a limit to the number of chinese takeaways one can consume!! Has anyone found a source that doesn't involve a sauce, if you see what I mean ;-)

I bought from Ambican Ltd, look under microwaveable containers.
Andy

No matter how cheap, they are still more expensive than a discarded jamjar which is already in your possession :-)