Bantam Gearbox Strip/Rebuild anyone?

Anyone done this, or have any pointers or tips please?

Was screwcutting an internal helix (grease groove) using the coarsest threa d setting at 3.5 tpi, and accidentally slammed the apron lever into reverse instead of neutral, and since then the screwcutting /feed gearbox has been making really unhappy noises.

So...pretty certain I'm going to have to haul it all out and see what's hap pened in there, but before I blithely wade in and end up with various piles of bits on the floor, I'd thought I'd ask if anyone here has had any exper ience with stripping and rebuilding one of these.

It's a Mk2 (Squarehead) Bantam 1600 btw.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill