Training courses ?

Anyone who jets off to exotic climes to escape the Christmas excesses must be loaded! :-)

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Tom, I only jetted off to avoid having to visit and buy a present for the out laws. I can recommend this every time, it actually works out cheaper in monetary terms and stress :-)

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

There may still be a bring your projects 'course' at Idsall School in Shifnal. When I used it for a few terms it was mostly woodwork, but they were kitted, if not brilliantly, for most things.

Reply to
Charles

Just to add to the "anybody know of ..." theme, is there anything around the Winchester area? (This probably includes Eastleigh, Chandlers Ford, Southampton, Basingstoke, Andover)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Eastleigh Tech certainly used to run an evening class in welding. When I did it they mainly had stick welders set up for steel but also a couple of booths for gas.

HTH

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Now that brings back memories. Probably about 20 years ago I did a basic evening class welding course at Eastleigh tech and then, a few years later joined a "use the workshop" session for a few terms but I think they've stopped now. Certainly, the last time I asked about the workshop they said it was there but they didn't have anyone to teach/supervise.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I can definately confirm that the Eastleigh engineering course is still running as I have been attending it for the last few years. The course runs on a Monday evening from 6.30 till 9.30. We do sometimes have a juggle getting the numbers to run the course but have somehow managed it so far. The course is almost impossible to find on the Eastleigh College web site and many of the college staff do not know about it either. It is run by Wyvern College in association with Eastleigh. The course can cater for most levels with two very knowledgable instructors. If you are interested the link to the course is

James

Reply to
JamesC

Thanks James! I've rung them to enrol but apparently there's no heating at the mo (so tonight's classes are all cancelled) and because the tutor was helping to fix the heating he couldn't be contacted about whether or not there is space for me on the course. Hopefully I'll get there next week.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Look Forward to seeing you there, I'm the long haired hippy!!

James

Reply to
JamesC

I toddled down there this evening and had a great time - what a grateful man I am. If anyone else in the area is interested, the tutor said they had space for another 3 but he seemed pretty max'd-out.

Dave

Reply to
Dave