Use of Gears

Gentlemen,
I have bought an unfinished project in the form of sheet metal rolls which
need a pair of identical gears fitted. I did consider making my own which
apart from the cutter I have everything needed but somebody suggested I look
in a HPC Gears catalogue first.
Having done so I wish to clarify something, the centres between each roller
is 48 mm, I have found a pair of gears of PCD 47.98 mm. Is it correct in my
think that I can use these.
Regards,
Martin P
Reply to
Campingstoveman
Rolls would very likely have special gears with deeper teeth than standard, (my ancient ones certainly have) to allow for varying thicknesses of material. You might get away with just using a fairly 'coarse' standard gear, especially if you will only be working with thin sheet.
HTH Tim
Tim Leech
If the project is a three roller design where the two driven rollers are fixed and the third roller is the moveable one then the gears should do fine.
Alan
Reply to
Alan Marshall
Alan,
Yes it is and thanks.
Martin P
Alan Marshall wrote:
Reply to
Campingstoveman
Martin Did you get my email the other day in reply to this ?
-- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
John Stevenson
John,
No Martin P
John Stevens> >
Reply to
Campingstoveman
OK sent again and on group as well
*********************** Martin, Yes these 18 DP 34 tooth gears will do the job. If you want to get exact then move to metric module gears. A pair similar to the 18-34 would be the YG1.5-32 which are exactly 48mm or the G2-24 which are heavier and a bit cheaper