Valve materials

I am working on a little project that needs me to build a valve that will seal against ~1000psi and alow quite a large flowrate. The current design uses o-rings to but I would like to change the design to be more like the valve seales on a car engine i.e. metal on metal. The problem I have is I have no idea what would be the best materials to buid something like this out of. Could someone throw me a few suggestions?

Thanks

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

I have a mass flow rate of about 2Kg/s through it and the temp will range from approx -100C to about 150C max extreme if thats any help.

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen

Chrome steel?

: >

: :

Reply to
Chris
17/4 Stainless steel?

Reply to
Tim Bird

To get the valve and the valve seat to seal, is it a case of machining them as well as possible and then using some sort of lapping/grinding compound and gently rotating one on the other? Or is there some other magic that can be applied? Highly experienced engineer here, can you tell ;-)

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen