Vibrator Wanted

I have a couple of vibratory finishing machines, the polyurethane lining is coming out of them and they need relining.

The smaller one has been knocking, took the bowl off and found the mountings had cracked the vibration through the cracks must have caused the knocking sound.

Bolted back up with large washers across the cracks and now works OK running silent as originally bought new. This is temporary repair, so called Invicta in Halifax to see about buying a new bowl. Was told by the salesman there that they kept no spares, and had not made this small machine for some years due to cheaper models coming in from Turkey.

Actually not a big job to make and new bowl, if I had a set of sheet rollers, and a bending press.

So to the point,

1 Who is importing these cheap vibrating bowls

2 Anyone selling one? Auctions etc. Found these in auctions in the past with worn out bowls, have them relined and they work as new.

Mine are all troughs, not used the donut shaped round bowls, so don't know if they might be faster.

Deburring and polishing stainless steel.

Cheers

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel

I normally don't even open postings with titles like that!

Reply to
Newshound

coming out of them and they need relining.

had cracked the vibration through the

silent as originally bought new. This is

Was told by the salesman there that they

cheaper models coming in from Turkey.

and a bending press.

with worn out bowls, have them relined and

they might be faster.

Reply to
Lionel

with worn out bowls, have them relined and

they might be faster.

Lionel.. If you find a source do let me know! I have only ever used the round type. In fact the last company I worked for ran 3 of them, they work well.

Interesting site! I often wondered if Les Skuse's was still in business. I had a tattoo done at Mina road, Bristol in the early 80's. Wish I'd made a better choice now, but then thats life!

Wayne...

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

with worn out bowls, have them relined and

if they might be faster.

If I find out where these small troughs come from I'll let you know.

Les Skuse Snr died I think 1975, Danny Skuse Les Skuse Jnr was at Mina Road through the seventies into the eighties, not sure when he closed the Mina Road shop.

Last Saw Danny last year at Cardiff Convention. Was talking to Jimmy Skuse Danny's son, this week, still working in Bristol area, so three generations and the family business continues.

Only used donut shaped round machine once, had one on loan from Walther Trowel, had a plastic bowl, not a steel polyurethane lined one. I found that it did not work as well as the troughs that I have. I buy mine from auctions, but found nothing recently. Two machines I have need re lining, but could do with a couple more to get the work through quicker.

Found a few on Ebay but only on the US site.

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel