Tower KAOS 40 Kit ***** Wanted to buy

Anyone have a Tower KAOS 40 kit sitting in a box on a shelf. I'd like to buy it. Just crashed mine today and I don't feel like scratch
re-building it. Contact Old_Sailor @NOSPAMsbcglobal.net. Of course, remove the NOSPAM from the address.
OS
Of course,

-----------
In case you are not aware of it, Old Sailor, Tower sells a Kaos 40 ARF that is pretty nice and cheap. You can't build one that inexpensively.
Am I impressed with Tower's ARF version? Well, I have four of them.
Ed Cregger
On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:05:09 -0400, "Ed Cregger"

Thanks Ed, but I don't like ARF's of any sort, even if well built. I found a kit last night, so end of search.
OS
Of course,

----------------
I know where you are coming from, Old Sailor.
Years ago, I bought a bootleg kit of the original Bridi Kaos 40 and built five of them from that one kit. They were great flying models.
Later, Great Planes modified the original kit and made it a tad larger, which I was all for doing, but I never got around to buying the kit. Wish I had now and just kept it on the shelf.
The original Bridi version, which you built before and want now, was a bit small in the fuselage for most folks radios in the old days. With today's small servos and stuff, that problem would not even exist at all, would it?
Glad you found another kit.
Ed Cregger
A guy sent me a picture of a kit built Tower Kaos where he narrowed the fuse. Very sleek looking!
Dan KE6ERB Fubar etc...
Of course,

Not sure I see the value in narrowing the fuselage. It just makes for tighter fitting servos and fuel tank. I doubt it makes any difference in flight as long as he did not modify the wing as well. I think the out of the box kit is plenty sleek looking.
OS
might like a taller fuse(for K.E.) but I'm not confident enough to bash my Bridi Killer Chaos. Where did you find the Tower Kaos and how much? mk

A taller fuselage would make it less symmetrical than it already is. Don't know if a little gain in knife-edge side area, distributed assymetrically, would be all that beneficial.
Ed Cregger

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:20:54 -0500, "MJKolodziej"

response. Of courser, I had to pay more than the original kit cost plus shipping, but it was worth it to me not to have to scratch build from the plans I have. I don't know how many new kits are still out there, but you might give http://www.rcgroups.com/forums a try. I looked in eBay but did not find any listed there.
OS
They do come up in Ebay every couple of months or so in some version or the other.

Sorry, I missed most of this thread. Is someone looking for an original Bridi Killer Chaos kit. I just bought one but I'm not sure I'm going to have time to build it.
Harlan

No, they were looking for the Tower version and found one.I think you can still buy Bridi kits. mk

Yep. Someone bought the Bridi designs from Joe and is now selling them. This one is an original, however. I don't think that means its more desirable, however.
Harlan

------------
I have some original Bridi kits and paid more for them than I could have purchased them from Bluejay. I bought them to collect, not build. Although I have been known to make templates from original kits and save the original for the collection.
The Bluejay kits are quite good, but they do not reproduce the entire Bridi line. I believe they are limited because of the Hobbico complex owning the rights to Joe's original line of kits.
Fortunately, plans of the original models are still available, so there is no need for anyone to be without an original Bridi Kaos or Super Kaos.
One could not find a better model to begin building from plans than the Bridi Kaos series, in any size. There is nothing to be built that cannot be done with simple hand and power tools and sanding blocks. Furthermore, there are foam wings available from various sources for Joe's early models. All you have left to do is to build a simple box fuselage, something that anyone can do.
I love foam wings. I'm one of those guys that ends up building uselessly twisted balsa wings. Especially Joe's triple tapered wings, like the Kaos or Super Kaos. I'm okay with Dirty Birdy and constant chord wings though. Strange... 8>)
Ed Cregger

Ed, who sells the foam wings for the Bridi kits?
Harlan
I'll try to remember to look them up once I wake up a bit. I'll post them here on the newsgroup, in case others are interested.
One of the balsa suppliers makes/made them. It might have been the one that burned down. I hope not. But there are others. I'm still working on my first cup of coffee, so please bear with me.
Ed, NM2K

The AMA Plans Service recently started offering foam wing cores available for any of the plans that they sell.

That's good to know. Thanks, Ed.
Ed Cregger

www.dbalsa.com carries all the bridi planes foam wing cores.
Jim
--
jpurcha
I didn't see one for the killer chaos, unless they spell it kaos, which Bridi didn't. mk